Key elements for an effective ministry
1.) Willingness to go and share the Lord.
– Peter went to all parts of the country.
– Peter was either searching to be like Christ or preaching the Living Word.
– Think about the travel luxuries of today – now, think about how hard this was back in that day – riding a donkey or camel to travel by.
– Seeing an apostle to take their time to travel to you must have been encouraging to the lost.
ARE YOU WILLING TO SPEND TIME TO BE WITH PEOPLE TO SHOW THEM THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST?
God will use YOU and place YOU in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME.
God has given you the skills that you need to disciple others. You have to be available for God to use you. You need to ask God to use you for His work!
If we are constantly trying to protect our “personal time” – we would be blocking out others that need to hear and see how Jesus has changed us!
Have a passion for people struggling physically and spiritually.
Peter moved into action because of the compassion he received from Jesus Christ when he accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Peter did all of his works “In the name of Jesus Christ!” He never took the glory or credit for the works that Jesus did through him!
DON’T YOU DARE TAKE CREDIT FOR GOD’S WORK!! The Holy Spirit is the one that did the work!
Actively search and serve the Lord!
Allow the Lord to plug you in where He has a plan for you.
You’ll never venture off of the righteous path if you allow Jesus to lead you.
Just because things are going great – doesn’t mean that God can’t call you somewhere else!
2.) Willingness to get personal
– Ministry is personal!
– You are important!
– Peter humbly prayed to God
– He didn’t know what God had planned – He just prayed that His will be done!
We must be humble servants that are willing to submit ourselves to Jesus!
God used this instance to bring others to the Kingdom! To breakdown barriers of disbelief!
Are you willing to bring others to the Kingdom? To breakdown a barrier?